Birthdays are meant to be special

This weekend was Juliana's birthday weekend, and you are suppose to have a special day. So we had girls dinner here with wine before we got ready and danced the night away. 

Everything has an end

After an amazing last day at the beach we're now on our way home. It's been an awesome time here with my second American family, because they really feel like family and I know that I could always call them if I ever needed help with anything. 
We have been doing whatever comes our minds. But one of my favorites have been the bike rides and walks we have started the day with. Today we even had crayfish crawling on the road where we road and when they saw us they looked like they were ready to attack. 

A day off the beach

Sometimes you need a day off the beach, and if you got a little too much sun the day before it's a great day to do just that. So we started the day with a 12miles (20km) bike ride through false cape state park, right on the boarder to North Carolina. I can promise you that if you weren't hungry before you are after that, and biking in the sand is not as easy as it might seems. On the beak before we went back home we watched some dolphins swim like 20min out from shore, I know it's common here and I saw them so many times last years too, but it's still pretty cool. 

After that and breakfast we did paddle boarding, something we all had never tried before. It was not that hard but very fun. When we got steady standing on that board we started doing yoga poses on it, fun but a lot harder to keep steady. Luckly I didn't fall in until I was too hot and jumped in to cool off. 
The rest of the day we spent by the pool just chillaxing and playing with the go pro. 

First beach day

When I woke up at 5.30 this morning I let Sara sleep 15more minutes before we went up to leave for the beach. After a pretty nice drive in their New Ford we got an awesome breakfast and then spent the rest of the day at the beach. Jumping in the really big waves, wake boarding, building sandcastles and just reading in the sun. An awesome first day that ended with a dinner that had everything on the table. After I was so full I had a food coma. 


My shampoo is still in the shower, my body lotion is still under the sink and my clothes are still in the closet. It's like I never left. With all that and then play by the pool all day with the kids before eating Millys awesome food (that I have missed more then I thought), everything feels like normal. 

Like normal but different

It's a weird feeling I have, finally in NYC..everything feels like normal, like I would walk around in Stockholm but at the same time my brain knows I'm suppose to have that feeling that you have when you are's just that I can't feel it. It feels like I never left..and in a way it's true. Last time I was in NY was February..not even six months ago.

Status update (for the one who wanna know): We got through passport control pretty fast, the train didn't work so we took a shuttle bus to the city and walked a few blocks until we got to the hotel. After checking in and changing clothes we did some shopping at time square, bought fruit and toothpaste and now we're back at the hotel..probably gonna try to sleep soon because I've been awake for almost 24 hours. 

What summer is all about

Today have been the perfect lazy summerday. The day when you do what you feel like doing for the moment. It's been reading, beach time and now I just got home after a really nice night that started out with dinner with Sabina and ended with a beer and talk with Per, just sitting outside and cuddling with his cat. 
I love Sweden when it's showing this side. When it's warm, sunny, light and beautiful. Because the sun sets so late you get much more energy to enjoy this awesome time of the year when Stockholm really is the most beautiful city in the world. 

Mama, I'm coming home

I've never had anything against flying, apart from departure and landing, but other then that I can take it. I actually think it's pretty nice. But right now I feel pretty done for a while, or at least 10 days utnil it's time for me to fly again. 
It's actually not the flying bit I'm tired of this time either, it's the traveling part. The part where you're sitting on the airport waiting for them to say it's your turn to board the plane. That's what I could be without. The reason why I'm feeling this way now is probably because both on the way to Spain and on the way home it's been so many complications and time spent waiting, waiting and then get the news that the flight is delays another twenty minutes. Or like the first flight, when they had no idea when we were gonna be able to go onboard because we hadn't got our slot time for lifting. 

So after hours just sitting, I think I can say that I'm pretty good at killing time. You can walk around in the shops for about three times before you really have seen every single thing and tried on every single pair of sunglasses. You can eat, a perfect way of killing time and so will your stomach think as well. When you have done all that, you still have reading and watching movies left to kill the last hours. 
But now I feel pretty done with all that for a while, at least until next week when it's time to pack my bags again.

RSS 2.0